Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Very simple questions about spark plugs...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member A-dub5513's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where the the hell do I get a set of BKR7E's!?! All the local auto parts stores don't carry them. All the stores' search method seems to be the same. They get the car's make, model, year and always come up with the stock platinums. I also have a friend at a local Kragen and, according to him, even the NGK master list does not list the BKR7E'S...for my car.

    I know these are the plugs I should get even if it's listed under Volvo's. Anyone know how I should go about getting them or is mail-order my only option?

    -Adrian



  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Motorcycle or outdoors vehicle shop. I got my first set from a tractor place that sells motorcycles and 4 wheelers. You will never find them giving vehicle specifics. If all else fails, call Monarch @ 888-800-9629. They always have what we need and at good prices even shipped. Good luck man

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, DC 4-2-1 one piece header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, RC 310's, Cartech FMU, Vortech regulator, H&R sports and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down. *ITR LSD, JR flywheel, Clutch Specialties stage 4, NX Gen-X kit and CF diet going on soon....
    Best et ==>13.6 @ 103mph w/ 2.3 60ft on Nitto drag radials

  3. #3
    Inactive Member A-dub5513's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tractors!?! I'm gonna need more than luck to find a store like that here in San Francisco. Just playin'! That'll give me something to shoot for. Maybe I'll try a motorcycle shop. If that doesn't work, looks like mail-order's the only way. Hey, thanks, Roj!

    -Adrian

  4. #4
    JASONS
    Guest JASONS's Avatar

    Post

    any local parts store should have them the stock # is 3330 i got mine for 8 bucks

  5. #5
    Inactive Member turbotypeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    summit racing

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Go with Monarch. They'll know exactly what you're talking about and have reasonable (< $2/plug) prices and standard UPS shipping rates.

    When I bought my SC, I just ordered 20 plugs from them and figured I would see what I ran out first, spark plugs or my luck with the engine!

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @6psi, AEM CAI/RSR 4-2-1/Greddy PE, Cartech 20005/Walbro GSS-342/TPS Mod, JR BTC, KYB AGX/H&R OE Sport/ST 19mm Rear Swaybar
    Best 1/4 ==&gt; 13.937 @ 101.41mph
    My JRSC Install Site

  7. #7
    Inactive Member BlownAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    343
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    #3330 is for the BCPR7ES plugs, I don't have the no. for the BKR7E-11s which I'm using now. Buy 2 sets just in case you have any tuning problems and want to rule out the current set of plugs. I've bought from both Monarch and NOPI. NOPI was cheaper on price and shipping.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member A-dub5513's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, all for your suggestions and recommendations! However, I'm having a problem contacting Monarch for the plugs. The 888 number cannot be reached from my calling area (San Francisco/Daly City). Any suggestions? Is there an e-mail address?Again, thanks.

    -Adrian


  9. #9
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A-dub5513:
    Thanks, all for your suggestions and recommendations! However, I'm having a problem contacting Monarch for the plugs. The 888 number cannot be reached from my calling area (San Francisco/Daly City). Any suggestions? Is there an e-mail address?Again, thanks.

    -Adrian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yeah, I had that same problem too. Here's the number:
    1-909-672-8501


    ------------------
    Mods

  10. #10
    Inactive Member A-dub5513's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2000
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O-tay! Got them plugs from Monarch with no problems whatsoever. Good price with GREAT service. Thanks to Mr. Rogers, Greg, Zip and everyone else for their help and
    suggestions!

    -Adrian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •